2011-present: Lecturer, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University
2010-2011: Research Associate, Peking Union Medical College Hospital
2004-2009: Postdoctoral fellow, Johns Hopkins University
1995-2003: M.D., Clinical Medicine, Peking Union Medical College (PUMC)
Teaching is not to transcript the knowledge from book by the form of voice, but to change the world through the impact on every student, on every future physician scientist.
This impact would be achieved not only by teaching knowledge, but also by fostering innovative capability. Even more importantly, it would be achieved by humanistic literacy accomplishment. In addition to teaching in class, setting up discussion sessions and laboratory courses, I would also memorize the names and hobbies of all my students, so that I could communicate with them after class, hoping to bring the positive impact that I expect.
What I Teach:
Medical immunology, Medical parasitolog
1. HIV related cell biology, mainly HIV viruses bud through exosomes
2. HIV related immunology, mainly the mechanisms of immune reconstitution
3. The anti-viral role of exosomes secreted by dendritic cells
1. Detection of HIV-1 viruses in tears of patients even under long-term HAART. Han Y*, Wu N*, Zhu W, Li Y, Zuo L, Ye J, Qiu Z, Xie J, Li T. （*Co-first author） AIDS. 2011 Sep 24;25(15):1925-7.
2. Reduced thymic output is a major mechanism of immune reconstitution failure in HIV-infected patients after long-term antiretroviral therapy. Li T, Wu N, Dai Y, Qiu Z, Han Y, Xie J, Zhu T, Li Y. Clin Infect Dis. 2011 Nov;53(9):944-51.
3. Protein targeting to exosomes/microvesicles by plasma membrane anchors. Shen B, Wu N, Yang JM, Gould SJ. J Biol Chem. 2011 Apr 22;286(16):14383-95.
4. Biogenesis of the posterior pole is mediated by the exosome/microvesicle protein-sorting pathway. Shen B, Fang Y, Wu N, Gould SJ. J Biol Chem. 2011 Dec 23;286(51):44162-76.
5. Higher-order oligomerization targets plasma membrane proteins and HIV Gag to exosomes. Fang Y, Wu N, Gan X, Yan W, Morrell, JC, Gould SJ. PLOS Biol. 2007 Jun;5(6):e158.
Email: wuning at tsinghua.edu.cn