Tsinghua University is one of the first universities that established the interdisciplinary biomedical engineering, and the Department of Biomedical Engineering remains in top ranking in China. The candidate of the Dean is expected to provide the leadership to excel the Department to a higher level, by relentlessly engaging in education, research and administration of the Department, and macro management in developing strategy, philosophy and roadmaps for the Department.
1. Solid understanding and skillful administration in postgraduate and graduate education. Insightful in the characteristics, challenges and trends of the field of biomedical engineering. Right interpretation and reflection of discipline development, education, talents programs. Global vision and strategic capability is a must.
2. Renowned leadership in the field for his/her academic excellence, with highly recognized record in discipline development of the related fields.
3. Tenured Associate or Full Professorship in the top domestic/international university/institute
4. Physically healthy, can serve the post in full time.
Application Materials and deadline
1. Curriculum vitae (in English or Chinese), with an additional chapter on academic achievements and impact to the field.
2. A copy of Letter of Appointment to the previous post.
3. Three letters of recommendation
Deadline for the application: March 1, 2017
Contact: Mrs Shu Kong, Email, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel, +86-10-62794021
Interview: Pending on the primary screening by the steering committee.